Thursday, December 08, 2005

Bright Young Thing(s) w4m, 24

Dear Bright Young Thing,

You may remember me as the blonde chick sitting at the table next to you on Tuesday. The one with the friend. The friend with the birthday. You didn't help me subsidize her drinking habit and for that I'll forever be in debt.

Anyway, I found a BYT poster in my pocket the next morning. (You probably didn't give it to me or anything...I'm like a drunken magpie) There were some lovely pen and ink drawings on the opposite side. Besides the inspired and breathtaking rainbow and the ferocious triceratops, I'm curious about the stick figure. Is that a self portrait? I don't normally go for thin men but the third leg was impressive. (Unless it's actually pedal rather than penile. In which case, I'm afraid it would just get in the way. Sorry.)

Buy my friend a birthday drink sometime?

This is and around Nanny O'Brian's

-----------

12.8 4:45PM I think I remember you, your name -----? tell your friend happy birthday.

-----------

Dilemma: Yet another contol, this was a real Missed Connection. Kinda. There were several Bright Young Things (an improv group. Check them out!) in the bar but I didn't really talk to any of them. The responder does not seem all that inclined to buy me any ponies, or even go out on a date. Shall I contact him (possibly to meet), posting the horrible details of our encounter? Shall I let him on the Ms. Connection secret? I must mull this over.

-----------

It hath been mulled. I met said Mr. Connection after allowing him to view the blog. I don't think he actually read it. Also, he wasn't the person I posted for. However, I had fun and was not murdered and dumped in a field somewhere.

No comments: